Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Future Mrs. Schulze!

My dear friend, Allie is getting married tomorrow! She asked me to be her maid of honor, so I was able to throw her a bridal shower and a bachelorette party. They were both so much fun...not because of my planning...but because ANYTHING with Allie is fun!

Allie's mom, Chadley is such a fun mom! She and Allie are like best friends. When they are together they are such a crack up!

Michael(Allie's fiance)'s mom, Melissa is so funny. Allie got lucky with all these fun moms in her life. Fun moms are the best... I would know from experience.

She got a bunch of awesome gifts...

...but my personal favorite was this Christmas ornament. Michael's mom gave Allie a few ornaments that Michael made in elementary school. I thought that was a cute idea...and I think Allie liked it too?

My 2 bride-to-be redheads!! Kacey gets married next Saturday! I have had the greatest time being part of these girls' wedding parties. I love them both so much and I feel like I can actually show that love by helping with wedding plans and throwing them parties and stuff.

What's a celebration without a Creative Cakery cake?


The shower was fun, but the bachelorette party was way more exciting. There were only a few people there...a few really really fun people. It's all about quality, not quantity. We ate dinner, opened presents, and had cheesecake at the Cheesecake Factory in the Bella Terra shopping center in Huntington Beach.
Then, it was time for the game.
Here's how it went: I typed out a bunch of different tasks, cut them out, folded them up, and put them in a sack. Each girl had to pick a task out of the sack and do it. Whoever accomplished the most tasks, won.
Some of the tasks: Get a piggy back ride from a stranger. Use a cheesy pick up line on a stranger. Ask a stranger to marry you. Etc.


Here is Allie getting a piggy back ride from a stranger. Who happened to be LDS. And who also happened to be Kacey's old boyfriend's little brother. Haha.

This picture accomplished my task: "get a picture with a group of middle school boys." But I think they were in high school. And they really didn't want to stop for a picture.

Now, to my favorite part of the night:
So, at one point during the night, Allie picked out a task that said, "serenade a stranger," and Kacey had one that said, "get a stranger's phone number." They were both nervous about these ones because those are just awkward situations to be in. At the same time I had a task that said, "kiss a stranger on the cheek." Those of you who know me know that I was not nervous at all about this task. So everyone was searching for their perfect prey when all of a sudden, this group of boys come up and start talking to us. Turns out they were from Canada and they were drunk. Their visit to California was for a paintball tournament they were in, but earlier that day they lost, so they were looking for something fun to do that night. And they found us! A mormon bachelorette party!! The 5 of them really helped us accomplish our tasks and have a ton of fun donig it. Even they got in on the fun! They started picking tasks and going up to girls with cheesy pick up lines and what not. They were so fun. In the future, whenever Allie thinks back to her bachelorette party, she will always remember the 18 year old Canadians.


Oh, Allie. I am so glad you wanted me as your maid of honor (I might take that back tomorrow evening when you make me give a maid of honor speech). It was so much fun to plan things for you and to [hopefully] help make your special day an extra special one. I love you!

2 comments:

Sarah Hull said...

SO FUN! I love Allie! What a fun girl. She and Michael are totally perfect for eachother!

Kellie said...

Oh my gosh, what a riot of a party! Crazy fun!!