Sunday, April 12, 2009

Elder Williams Update

On Friday I got a letter from my missionary. It was my favorite letter I have received from him thus far because he explains how he found out about my mission call. Here is one part of it:


"The PHILIPPINES! SO COOL! I am so happy for you. You will be bomb over there. I have so many questions to ask you about it bur first let me tell you how I found out. Thursday the mission home called and said I had a package marked 'urgent' so they forwarded it to me. But I knew it was your call cause what else would be urgent? So from Thursday til Friday I was so antsy to see a package in the mailbox. So on Friday we came back for dinner and two other missionaries were in our driveway to drop something off. They all knew about your call coming soon too. So we're talking to the other elders (who both said you were gorgeous), when I looked over and saw a package in the mailbox. I ran over and opened it and everyone was so excited. When I saw Philippines I didn't know what to say! I wanted Temple Square..haha. But I was so happy and had the biggest smile. And Elder Love, Trammel, and Killpack were so stoked and said, "dude you are set if she goes on a mission!" It was awesome. Babe, I am so happy for you. The couple we live with, the Jones were excited also. Sister Jones is from Manilla, Philippines. She got out a map and showed me San Pablo. Sister Jones said mail takes 10-14 days! That sucks. But at least I know you'll be on a mission and not dating any guys. I am so proud of you for serving, it gives me encouragement. I know you will love missionary work. Plus people love you, so you'll be great. I look up to you and think you are amazing. I Love You!"


I love his letters. My sisters best friend Kasey once said to me, "The mail man will become your hero or you will want to cuss him out.
" I've never heard a more true statement.

I still love Miles as much as I loved him the day we said goodbye, if not, more. He LOVES his mission and I'm so happy for him and proud of him.

3 comments:

Sarah Hull said...

Such a fun post! I love hearing how Elder M WWWWW is doing!

Such wise words from Kasey.

You can't just say Elder LOVE and ELDER KILLEVERYONE (What was his name) all in one sentace! When I was reading it, I thought "Who every marry's elder love is so super stoked on their last name... then I kept reading and I saw Elder Killerman and I thought whoever marrys him is super not stoked on their last name!" It was a lot of emotions in one sentance.

Oh the Philippines just wont be the same once they get Sandy on their soil!

Kellie said...

OH my gosh! I LOVE love love all the LOVE! Miles sounds so great and SO happy for you (a lot like B for SURE was!) You are going to be an AWESOME missionary for SURE! Trust me! Thanks again for the fun night on Saturday! I REALLY enjoyed it!

Sally said...

How sweeeet! What a good guy. Hey I heard you went to the temple! Congrats lady. You're wearing G's!