Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Still Keeping Busy

Molly (my 10 year old that I nanny) and her best friend Taylor are in love with Miles. They are obsessed with him. So on Thursday, when we were hanging out, we all wrote him a letter. They got a little out of control and started writing things like, "Call me," "air kisses," "ur hot!," etc. But we had so much fun writing letters to our missionary.

Long Beach State was in the Big West Tournament on Friday. I went with my friends Tegyn and Darren(above) and we met up with Miles' friends Mike and Jay. It was such an exciting game even though we lost.


After the game... Tegyn, Darren, and I went over to our friend, Crystal's house to hang out. Another friend, Andrew was also there and the five of us decided to head over to the dance. We were going to take my car so Andrew got in, but then we realized it was too small so we closed the doors. However, Andrew was still in the car. Stuck in the back. And we thought that was really funny. So we took a picture. We had such a fun night. My abs are still sore from how hard we laughed that night.

On Saturday I had the opportunity to see one of my very favorite friends who I have not seen for a couple MONTHS! Juice Box (that's his camp nickname and the only name I know him by) and I had a fun day full of spending too much money on clothes, taking really weird pictures, eating chocolate pudding that his Australian roommate made for us, and laughing really hard.


Later on Saturday I took Mike, Miles' good friend, out for his BIRTHDAY! We went to In N Out and then saw Coraline! Mike's such a fun, sweet guy. I hope he had a great birthday!

For F.H.E. on Monday night the El Dorado Ward had it's annual Mr. El Dorado! This year was so funny! The infamous Wade Price won the crown. I'd have to say he deserved it after coming out in a unitard and leg warmers. I had so much fun watching the show with these fun girls.

The other day I cleaned out my closet and on Tuesday I gave a bunch of my old clothes to Molly. It was St. Patrick's Day so she immediately picked out this cute green sweater and put it on. It was adorable on her! I love Molly and I'm going to miss her so much when I leave on my mission. Today (Wednesday), I got another letter from Elder Williams! He included his memory card from his camera in the envelope so I could put it in my camera and upload his pictures to my computer! Here are a couple...This is his best friend in his district, Elder Crawley. Aren't they handsome!? They have fun making faces at each other when the other Elders say weird things. Ever since my sisters blog about the types of embarrassment, when we are embarassed for someone, we say "type 2." So Miles told Elder Crawley about this and now they call their district "Type 2" which is why they're holding up two fingers.


All of the other Elders make bets on how many letters he'll get every day because he gets the most out of everyone. They also make fun of my decorative envelopes. But he loves them and that's all that matters.

I'm so grateful for all my friends who hang out with me, all the people who give me words of encouragement, and the Savior for providing me with a feeling of peace and comfort. I'm still doing great and patiently waiting for my mission call!

5 comments:

Shelley said...

You are always finding some kind of fun aren't you? That distorted picture of you with the tiny little head makes you look like an alien....you know....the ones from "Men in Black". Looks like Miles is adjusting well to missionary life.

The Fossetts said...

Hey!!! Im sooo happy for you! You look like you have fun writing those letters. I can not WAIT for your call!!! Soo fun :)

Sarah Hull said...

thats an awesome picture of miles and all those letters from you. way cute!
I love that TYPE II has hit the MTC!!!! So awesome!

Kellie said...

Gosh, you've been busy! But you know, you really shouldn't steal pictures of Miles from off of my blog-K? haha.

Nancy Smith... said...

I love you Sandy....you are an awesome friend, daughter, person, etc.......