Wednesday, March 11, 2009

One Week Down...

...only 103 weeks to go! Today it has been one week since Miles entered the MTC. His letters are awesome! He's doing great and gets along just fine with his companion, Elder Ririe. I'm doing fine as well. I'm just keeping busy and staying positive. I write him a lot of letters because it makes me feel like I'm talking to him, which makes me feel a lot better. Then I decorate the envelopes..


This weekend was so much fun! Saturday I put on a bridal shower for my good friend, Allie Landreth (post coming soon). It was so much fun. Afterward, Kacey and I went to Kacey's new house to try some paint colors and what not. Then we went to J.J.'s brother's house to hang out with JJ and his nephew, Greg in the sweet cave-like jacuzzi. Kacey dared me $10.00 to jump from the top of the cave into the cold pool. I did it [after 5 minutes of mentally preparing myself]. I'm $10.00 richer. After we got out, we played this super fun game called "Curses."

When we were done there, we went to Kacey's house and I was too tired to drive home so I just decided to spend the night. I used to practically live there, but I haven't spent the night there in FOREVER. It was so much fun. Kristi's friends were spending the night too and they were all being so loud. So we had a plan. I got out of bed and started walking around the dark house, Kacey went into the girls' room and said, "girls, come look, Sandy's sleep walking." So they all come out to the living room where I was and watch me. Then they follow me into the kitchen and I start touching things and rip off a piece of paper towel. I start tearing the paper towel into pieces and dropping them on the floor. I heard the girls laugh so I started laughing too. But we definitely had them going for a little. It was fun.

The next day I went to El Dorado Ward with Kacey. It was fun to see all my friends there and it was such a great meeting. Later that evening I had a meeting with my stake president and now my papers are officially in! I'll receive my call in 2-3 weeks! So there's my fun weekend!

6 comments:

Courtney said...

Sandy, I am a friend of Sarah's (from Fullerton, now St. George, Utah). I LOVE that you are going on a mission. You will be such a fabulous influence for good and truth wherever you go :) Sorry for being a creepy blog-stalker-person. Just totally fell in LOVE with the sweet story about you and Miles :) Can't wait to see where you'll go!

Kellie said...

OH MY GOSSSSSSSSSH! Your papers are IN!!!!!! YAY!!!! I'm DYING to know where you'll go!!!

ps-it's hilarious what you guys did about the sleep walking! Even the next day Kristi still thought that you sometimes sleep walk and wake up on the toilet, haha!

I love that you and KC are getting some quality bff time in before life changes like marriage and missions happen. I couldn't be happier for you, seriously! You're going to LOVE it.

KaceFace said...

I heart you lover!!! That was a really fun weekend with you! We need more sleep overs before you leave and i get married.
G-ma's house next?!

sandy k. smith said...

Kellie, Kristi thinks that because I really do wake up on the toilet sometimes.

Becca Jones said...

Keep the letters coming Sandy! I can't wait to write you while you're out! :)

Shelley said...

I'm glad to hear you're doing okay Sandy. Shall we all start guessing where you're going to go on your mission?
Sounds like you and Kacey are still in regular mode....having fun and pulling pranks.