Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Monterey Bay Aquarium


On our drive back to So Cal from Santa Cruz, Miles and I decided to stop at the Monterey Bay Aquarium. Of course we got in free with guest passes because Miles gets connections with everyone for anything....but that's besides the point. Anyway, It was my first time at this aquarium and I had heard great things about it so I was stoked to be there, but once we got in and started exploring, I was a little disappointed because there wasn't very much cool stuff at all...

..there were only boring, unoriginal things there.
Like a school of thousands, maybe millions of fish...

or your typical, everyday Hammerhead Shark.

Honestly, I think these fish have been way overrated since Finding Nemo came out.


Really, does a day ever go by when you DON'T see a diver in a huge tank feeding squid to fish and sharks?

And let me tell you... this wasn't the first time that I've had an eye-to-eye, paw-to-hand against the separating glass moment with a cute, furry sea otter.

I could probably capture a picture of Miles appearing to eat a merrily swimming fish anytime I wanted to.

And I'm pretty sure this telescope was broken because basically you could only see every blemish or freckle on the faces of kayakers along the ocean, the people walking around on the complete opposite side of the bay, and every whisker on the seals or sea otters laying around on the rocks nearby.

All-in-all, it wasn't very cool.
I mean, I basically have the most beautiful fish I have ever seen, octopus, every type of jellyfish, and penguins at home as pets.




...not!

1 comment:

Sarah Hull said...

WHHHAT! You totally had me until the..... "Not"











............NOT