Wednesday, February 18, 2009

All You Need is Love

Many people believe that Valentine's Day is a useless commercial holiday made by the flower industry to sucker men into buying $30.00 bouquets for their loved ones. Now, this may be true...but I believe that the people who feel negatively toward Valentine's Day are unromantics who either have no one to love, or are stuck in a crappy relationship. I love Valentine's Day. I think it's brilliant that we are given a whole day to celebrate love with the person we love. This Valentine's Day could not have been more perfect. Here's how it went...

I woke Miles up to a light breakfast of fruit salad and blueberry muffins surrounded by cute love decorations. Then I gave him his present: a mini scrapbook of our love story.











After breakfast we headed over to Balboa Island to walk around and hang out. On the drive over there, I opened my first present...the new Britney Spears CD. So, lucky him, we listened to it the entire drive there. It was such a gorgeous day. After walking around for a while, he gave me my second present. It was a beautiful silver necklace with a bunch of little hearts put together to make a little flower. I just love it!


After our walk around Balboa, we headed over to the LB Town Center for an early "beat-the-crowds" dinner at Lucelle's BBQ and a movie (Shopaholic).
[f.y.i.: I got the bread pudding for dessert...sooo good. So good.]
Finally we made it home and ended the day with a relaxing dip in the jacuzzi.

It was such a fun, romantic day! I hope that anyone who doesn't like Valentine's Day can find someone to love who will make them excited for a day of romance..even if it is just a commercial holiday.

4 comments:

Donovan and Tawny Holloway said...

Wow what a fun eventful day. You guys are too fun!

Kellie said...

Oh, you forgot to mention a TIFFANY'S necklace!!!! ;) What a sweet day! You're a great gf!! So thoughtful. He's a lucky guy. I made Brett a story about us around a year too! I need to pull that thing out. <3

Sarah Hull said...

1. Cute breakfast decor
2. I love your Orange shirt
3. that scrapbook is darling
4. Is that necklace from Tiffany's?
5. I agree with you about the scruges of Valentines day. It's just because they are sad and un-loved.

Shelley said...

I have had the opportunity to see some of your mini scrapbooks and I have to say you have a real talent there. They are always so beautifully put together. Your day sounds like a perfect Valentine Day for both of you.