Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I Left my Heart in San Francisco

I flew up to Santa Cruz to visit Miles when he got home from Hawaii. He picked me up from the airport and we started our drive back to his house...or so I thought.
I knew we were going a different way than usual, but I thought nothing of it.
I saw various signs, none that said anything about being near Santa Cruz, but I still made no assumptions.
We were driving for much longer than it usually took to get to his house from the airport.
Finally I asked him, "Where are we going?" and he simply replied, "home."
And I believed him.
When things started looking very "city" and familiar, I caught on.
We were not going back to his home in Santa Cruz...no, we were not.
He was taking me to my favorite place in all of California....
San Francisco.He told me we were going to be spending the entire day in San Francisco and that I could pick everything we were to do throughout the day.
So first, we went to Golden Gate Park.
After walking around the gigantic, beautiful park for a couple hours, we decided to go back to the car and do the next activity on my "Day in San Francisco Agenda."
I turned around to walk toward the car, but Miles insisted that it was the opposite way.
After walking for a really long time, I started doubting if Miles really knew where the car was.
When I would question him, he would reply with something like,
"oh yeah, I know exactly where the car is."
Yeah, right.
Next thing I knew, we were at the beach.
Any one who has ever been to Golden Gate Park or knows anything about it, knows that when I say we walked all the way across the park to the beach, we walked a looooong way.
But it was a beautiful day with my favorite person in a beautiful park and a beautiful beach.
Our feet were blistered and sore, so we caught the bus back to our car. However, my feet were not too sore for the next thing on the agenda: shopping!
Let's just say... 3 story Forever 21, 2 story H&M, 3 story Urban Outfitters,
and an infinity story mall.
After shopping a lot, we walked around Fisherman's Wharf and up to Ghirardelli Square for a free sample.
After so much walking and more walking, we decided it was time for dinner at the Cheesecake Factory on the top of an 8 story Macys. It was an amazing view and a delicious dinner.
After dinner we were worn out and stuffed, and although I didn't want to admit it, I knew it was time to go home.
That was my last time in San Francisco for a couple years and I couldn't think of a better way to spend my last day there. Thank you Miles!

4 comments:

Sarah Hull said...

tears. and more tears.

I didn't know you did all that! It sounds wonderful! What a romantic day!

Kellie said...

That is SO romantic! I feel so nostalgic for you! I almost choked on my TEARS!

sandy k. smith said...

What's up with the tears? I don't get it.

Shelley said...

What a fun, memorable day you had. It was so considerate of Miles to turn the entire day's plans over to you....you sure made the best of it!