Thursday, January 22, 2009

Spokane, Here He Comes!

My handsome, wonderful, perfect boyfriend, Miles recently received his mission call for our church. He was called to the Spokane, Washington Mission! He will report to the Missionary Training Center (MTC) on March 4. He and I, both, are so happy about his call. I feel like it is the perfect mission for him. I'm relieved that it's not too far away or in some dangerous and scary place or in a place that will make him smell bad permanently. I'm so proud of him for his decision to go on a mission. It was a hard decision for him to make because some of his very close family members are not members of the Church and don't understand or agree with the whole concept of leaving school for a mission. But with much prayer and thought, he realized that going was the right thing to do. I know he and his family will be blessed tremendously for his decision. I know he will be an AMAZING missionary because he's kind-hearted, hard-working, humble, and spiritual. I know he will be an even more amazing husband than he would be to a very lucky girl (hopefully me) someday as a result of serving a mission. I know the Gospel is true and I'm so grateful for it and the continuous blessings I have received and am receiving because of it.


Congratulations Miles. I love you. I will miss you. I am so proud of you.

8 comments:

Sarah Hull said...

Oh Miles W! We sure are going to miss you, but it will be so worth it! I love you two together!

And Sandy this line cracked me up: "make him smell bad permanently!!!" I love it!

Looking forward to our scrapbook day tomorrow. Is that still on???

The Fossetts said...

Awwww, Sandy!!! I am sooo happy for you both! I'm excited for you to go on your mission as well! I hope that you guys prepare together, that's so much fun :)

sandy k. smith said...

Sarah, scrapbook day is still on tomorrow. But there will have to be a short intermission because I have a doctors apt. at 1:40 for my mission stuff.

Shelley said...

WE'RE GOING TO HAVE ANOTHER MISSIONARY IN THE FAMILY???
That's great!
Congratulate Miles for us. Spokane huh? What areas does that cover? And have YOU considered the possibility of going to a place that will make you smell permanently bad when you get YOUR call???? You had better hit your knees and start praying
;0)

Sarah Hull said...

she already smells bad permanently.






snap!

Sarah Hull said...

j/k!!!

You always smell like the best perfume ever! I just had to laugh because remember when Bryant would call you "dirty Sandy"? Because you would wear my shirts and then they would be stained because you were like 11 and still playing at recess!

FOR SHIZZZLLLLEEEE you are going to South America. HANDS DOWN. that or spanish speaking texas.

SO excited for scrap fest 2009! I was going to vaccummeee (i hate spelling that word is it two c's two m's or two e's) just now, but remembered about tomorrow and decided I would just wait.

Kellie said...

This is just too much for my eyes to handle cause I'm crying SO much. I JUST blogged about some mission photos so all this mission talk just makes me so HAPPY!!!! Congratulations to Miles!

Kellie said...

ps-I LOVE your new layout! It looks so cute and fresh!