Sunday, January 18, 2009

2009.

To celebrate New Years, Kacey, J.J., Miles, and I were planning an overnighter at my uncle's house in San Diego so we could go to go to the huge YSA dance that goes on down there. So, New Years Eve morning, Kacey and J.J. met Miles and I at my house. Since that was the first time I had seen Kacey since before I left for Utah, we decided to do our gift exchange then, and for the THIRD time in our lives, we got each other the SAME CHRISTMAS PRESENT. We both got each other the new book, Influence by Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen. We ADORE the Olsen twins. Kacey's favorite Olsen is Mary-Kate so I got her the cover with MK on it, and she got me the one with Ashley on it, my favorite Olsen.
So after the fun gift exchange, we headed down to San Diego. When we got there, the boys allowed us to go shopping at Fashion Valley which was amazing. Kacey and I bought a bunch of cute clothes to wear to the party that night and I bought some amazing heels. After shopping, we went to my uncles house to unpack our stuff and get ready to go out to dinner. My Uncle Fred recommended this cute little Italian food place. The food was good and the dessert was amazing, but the company was the BEST. I was with my favorite people and they were making me laugh so hard the entire time. Even though the bill was a little more than we would've cared for, I don't regret anything about that dinner because it was so fun. But I also didn't have to pay for it, so I'm sure J.J. and Miles wouldn't agree with me there. Thanks guys!


After dinner, we went back to my uncles house to change and get ready for the big dance party. Obviously, Kacey and I were ready RIGHT at the time the boys told us to be ready by and Miles wasn't annoyed of us at all. Yeah right. But we finally made it to the party, which was huge and so crowded. We ran into old friends, walked around, told a couple of Kacey's ex-boyfriends that she's engaged, danced a little, and when it was midnight, we kissed.

The next morning, we woke up, got ready, packed up our stuff, and headed over the bridge to Coronado. We went to a breakfast/lunch at my FAVORITE Mexican food place, Miguels. Then we walked around the island for a while because it was such a beautiful day!

I had such an amazing start to the new year thanks to these kids.

3 comments:

Sarah Hull said...

wait, who are you in love with again???

Love all the pictures! You two, actually four are d a r l i n g!!!

Good thing you guys found great guys that know it's such a package deal with you girls. "fall in love with one girl and get her side kick cousin/bff too".

I think you should have told the price of dinner to have everyone's mouths DROP!!!!

Love your updates! They always make me happy.

Shelley said...

I'll have to show you pictures of Ellie, me and our dates when we were around your age. Isn't life great...especially when you're in love.

Kellie said...

You and KC kissed at midnight? jk. Oh my gosh, that is SO funny that you and Kace got each other the SAME gift!! You two were meant to be! <3