Monday, November 10, 2008

MADONNA!


Miles: what are you doing tomorrow night?
Sandy: nothing, aren't you hanging out with Damone?
Miles: well, we were going to go to the Madonna concert...
Sandy: [cuts him off] BOOOORING!
Miles: yeah..uhm...well...Damone can't go anymore...sooooo..
Sandy: oh. you were inviting me.

So...I went with him to the Madonna concert! It was at Padres Stadium in San Diego, so the entire drive there, we were listening to Madonna because the only songs I knew were "Like a Virgin," and "4 Minutes." I honestly have never like Madonna and was only going to her show to be with my boyfriend. So, every song we listened to on the way there, I would find some way to make fun of it. The whole time I was thinking to myself, "why in the world am I going to a Madonna show?" However, we finally arrived right on time and waited patiently in our seats.


We were actually pretty close to the stage. You can imagine how excited I was to be so close to Madonna!


While waiting for the show to start, we did some people watching. You can imagine how good people watching is at a Madonna show. There were so many hardcore Madonna fans dressed up like her...or dressed up like this:

He was a delight to watch, but he wasn't all. There were some crazy outfits but my camera wasn't quick enough to capture them.

Here's Miles throwing up an "M" for Madonna..

FINALLY, about two hours after the show was supposed to start, it started. And we were so excited! I kept screaming, "I love Madonna!" But, really I was only excited for it to start so it could end and we could go home.


But then, somehow, my feet started to step-touch, my head started to nod, and my shoulders were kind of shaking. I was getting into it. I was loving the Madonna concert. I couldn't help myself. She was such a good performer. Then the song, Beat Goes On, that Kanye West sings with her comes on and they show Kanye singing his part on the big screen...

If you didn't know, Kanye West is my favorite ever, so this part is what had me sold. From this point on, I was so into the show. You couldn't stop me from dancing and trying to sing along.

Then Britney Spears was on the screen for the song, "Human Nature." Then she sang the song, "Vogue," and Miles taught me how to do the Vogue dance move...

Every song she performed just kept getting better and I loved Madonna even more. I was actually sad when the show finally ended. Since the show, I have listened to Madonna everyday and I'm totally planning on going to another Madonna show sometime in the future. I love Madonna.

6 comments:

Sarah Hull said...

"But then, somehow, my feet started to step-touch, my head started to nod, and my shoulders were kind of shaking". Just kill me know because that was so funny!

You go girl with your Madonna loving self!!!! So funny!!

The Fossetts said...

Hey! My aunt went to the Madonna concert Thursday night. Was that the same one? Wow! I've wanted to see her in person.. I hear her shows are REALLY good. Luuucky!

I love the part in your entry when you cut him off with.. "BORRING" and then realized he was asking you to go with him LOL! Good one hahaha

Miles W said...

Like I told you..."You were born to VOGUE!!!"

Kellie said...

This post is HILARIOUS! I LOOOVED it all! The best part is that Miles was the one that was originally going! What a guy!

Congrats on your engagement! (Just kidding blogging world...) Will you please come to GNO so we can see you and so we can all get the scoop?

Sarah Hull said...

Miles W. Do you have a blog or what! Come on out, don't be shy... we already know you love Madonna...

Becca Jones said...

Wow! That sounds like so much fun Sandy! You went all the way to San Diego? You totally should've stayed at my house! Next time girl! Um.. we HAVE to play over Thanksgiving/Christmas!