Sunday, June 21, 2009

oh dad.

I love my dad.
I love how he has a song for everything.
I love how after I've been trying to beat him up for a while, he'll get out of his chair and chase me.
I love how he laughs so hard at people getting hurt in movies.
I love his stories like how he put a tack on the teachers chair and then hid under her desk.
I love watching sports with him.
I love how he calls me "my dear."
I love how he watches basically six shows at the same time.
I love how every once in a while, I'll be watching a girly movie and he'll come and watch it with me. Who knew he could develop such a love for Mama Mia?
I love how he jumps a mile when you poke him in the side.
I love how he can fall asleep AND start snoring loud in a matter of 1 second.
I love how when people kiss in a movie, he says, "MUSH!"
I love how he made a smudge on his chair from his bald head.
I love when he sings the song, "El Paso."
I love how he will randomly start playing catch with me when I throw a ball to him.
I love how he will throw a ball AT me when I throw a ball at him.
I love how after he's done watching his shows, he'll throw me the remote.
I love how he's not afraid to cry or show emotion.
I love how much he worries and cares about me.
I love how much he loves me.
I love everything about him.
I love my dad.


Happy Father's Day to the coolest, most humble, hard-working, spiritual guy I know!
And tomorrow, Happy Birthday to the best dad in the whole world!
I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!

9 comments:

Shelley said...

I love how touching this was...and how it brought tears to my eyes.

Sarah Hull said...

Sandy, I loved this! You did this post perfectly and captured SO much of Dad and everything about him. I could picture ALL of it and it made me SO happY! That was really special.

Seriously, I love that picture. It is my favorite of the two of you together! Such a classic shot. You need to put that one in your journal or something.

I love you too dad.

Sarah Hull said...

whoa. shelley and I are like the same person right about now.

Nancy Smith... said...

Sandy,
What a lovely way to express how you feel about a very special man. We are so blessed to have him in our lives.
Love you!

Kellie said...

That is SO sweet, Sandy! It's funny how a couple of those things I can see my mom doing. haha!

Nancy Smith... said...

Sandy, dad read your blog about him and said thank you for the nice comments, but he wanted to remind you that you doesn't watch chick flicks, or "girlie movies" as you called them (;

Jade said...

Hi Sandy. My name is Jade. I live in Moses Lake where Miles is currently stationed. We did a blog post for you. Come check it out.
http://thegonzalesfamilyblog.blogspot.com

Jade said...

Oh Sandy, you are so very welcome!!! That was the whole idea to make you smile. You so need to watch the video again when you are on a computer with sound. It is hilarious! I called Miles as soon as I read your comment on my blog. I couldn't wait until church tomorrow to tell him how happy you were. You guys are just so ridiculously cute!! I can't imagine how hard it is for you two to be apart. :( Your sister's family is stinkin adorable too! Well have a great week! I'll see what we can do to get another video rolling.... :)

Shelley said...

Sandy, I don't know if you're aware that we have family in Moses Lake. Ellie's niece and her family live there.