Monday, May 4, 2009

My Last Sleepover with "Single Kacey"

I just saw these pictures on my aunt(Kacey's mom)'s blog. I thought they were so cute and decided to share the story behind them...

The night before Kacey's wedding, I spent the night at her house. We had so much fun hanging out that night and getting ready and pumped for the next day! I washed her hair in the tub, we picked out pictures for the entrance of the reception, and while she finished emptying her room, I kept saying, "you're getting married tomorrow!"
We always sleep in her tiny bed together, so it's hard to get to sleep sometimes because we're crammed and also because we talk and laugh a lot. So you can imagine how hard it was to fall asleep the night before her WEDDING!! But we managed to get to sleep a little before midnight. Then, around 4:00 a.m. I woke up and could not fall back asleep for the life of me. Finally around 4:30, I sat up. Then Kacey looks up at me. She was awake too. We realized that we were not going to fall back asleep. So at 4:45 a.m. we got up and started getting her ready. Basically I was just following her around the house while she got ready. This next picture is of me laying on the bathroom floor while Kacey took her shower so I could talk to her.

At 5:45 a.m. the hair and make-up girls came over and started working their magic on us while the other bridesmaids slowly began to trickle in. The other bridesmaids were Kacey's sisters Kellie and Kristi, her sister-in-law Amy, and her other best friend Stephanie. Amy's sister, Rachel did every ones make-up, while her good friend Megan did our hair. Amy brought a bunch of Starbucks hot chocolate and pastries for everyone to snack on while we were getting beautified. It was definitely a party and it was so much fun!

Sometime around 8ish, after Kacey looked more beautiful than EVER, we made sure she had everything she needed, and then she, JJ, and her parents left for the Temple.

It was such a fun memory that I will cherish forever....my last sleepover with Miss Kacey Thompson. Now I can't wait for my FIRST sleepover with Mrs. Kacey Bullard!!!

6 comments:

Sarah Hull said...

oh I bet JJ can't wait for that one!!!

LOVED this post! TOO fun. You both will always remember that special time.

KaceFace said...

Hahahaha!!!! I love this post! Too funny! I want to frame the picture of you on the bathroom floor. Whats even funnier is that we didnt even think it was weird that you were on the floor...that's just normal for us.haha. I also like how you had all the times down...and in bold.
I love you!!

Natalie said...

Those picture sure look familiar...


That was a great day! AND Kristi and Ethan had a great time afterward! Thanks.

:)

Becca Jones said...

Sandy. You look cute with a spray tan!

Amy said...

Ohhhh, I just love you guys!!!

Oh, that pic of me is nothin...it could have been WAAAAAY worse than that.

Kellie said...

I thought that pic of you laying on the floor was of you SCRUBBING the floor with a towel, at first! TOO cute!! That first pic of you two is HILARIOUS!