Wednesday, April 22, 2009

She's Married!!

My best friend in the world/cousin/other half/classmate/soul sister/lover/mentor/dance partner/the only person in the world that I can tell everything to/partner in crime/back up singer/the person who makes me laugh harder than anyone/vacation buddy/the person that means the world to me....
THAT person...


IS MARRIED!!!...

....but it sure doesn't look like too much will change.


It was such a beautiful wedding. There were beautiful flowers and beautiful bridesmaids, it was a beautiful day outside, it was a beautiful ceremony, and there was a BEAUTIFUL bride.

The wedding party. And it truly was a party with all these fun kids.

My fam bam!


The reception was beautiful, emotional, romantic....and SO MUCH FUN!

J.J. was M.I.A., so I just cut the cake with Kacey instead....just kidding. We were just chowing down on some German chocolate amazingness!


After the dinner, the cutting of the cake, the first dance, the slideshow, the father/daughter dance, the fathers' toasts, and all the other wedding stuff, it was time to dance! We danced the night away until it was finally time for them to say their goodbyes! People kept talking to Kacey while she was trying to leave, so finally JJ just swept her up in his arms and ran out the door. It was adorable.

Now please allow me to spill my guts:
Saying goodbye to Kacey made me very emotional. I don't think there are very many people in this world who have a friendship like me and Kacey's friendship. It's more than just a friendship. I feel like we have part of each other's hearts. This is so cliche, but she knows me better than I know myself. I know that we were even best friends before this life. Before we came down to this earth I probably said something to her like,
"fine, I'll go when you go." She is my BEST friend. A friend doesn't get any better than Kacey. Her whole wedding day I was with her or near her and we were laughing and crying and what not. But, when JJ carried her away, I felt like it became real. She was leaving me! She's married. She's a wife. She has a husband. Her being married.. is actually changing my life as well. We can't do sleepovers like we used to...both of us in our tiny twin beds. I will no longer be able to set her up with the cute boy at the party. It won't be as easy to get away for a fun weekend in Coronado. So much in changing. And because of that, I must admit, I am kind of scared. However, Kacey and I have been through a lot together. Our life is like a book. So far, it has been a hilarious, exciting, adventurous, emotional, strengthening book. And Kacey being married is not the end of the book, but only a new chapter. I know things will be different, but I have no doubt that things will be just as amazing. She will always...ALWAYS be my very best friend. I am so excited to see what this new chapter has in store for us! I love you Mrs. Kacey Bullard.

6 comments:

Kellie said...

I am BAWLING my eyes out right now. That was beautiful, Sandy! And my heart breaks for you at the same time. I love that you put it as a new Chapter because you're both making big changes in your lives that are just stepping stones to an even stronger friendship/love/bond/etc. Nothing can tear you two apart! Not even a man! ;) I love you!

Sarah Hull said...

No, I am BAWLING my eyes out! How funny that right when I went to write that, I saw that Kellie wrote the same thing. It's because as your sisters we have seen this relationship from the side lines and it truly is one remarkable friendship. A very rare one. Not too many people have what you and Kacey have. It's beautiful.

Natalie said...

Sandy, I know how you feel but I promise your bond will always be solid. You'll always be welcome in their home. You'll always make time for each other and you will always be able to share your happiness/sadness/troubles/bathroomtogether. (I'll blog that part sometime soon) My best friend (Jane) and I always make time for each other when I visit Sanford Colo. Not much changes when you have that solid friendship. I promise all is well!

Nancy Smith... said...

I am so grateful that you are able to have a cousin/Best Friend who you have been able to grow up with. You will continue to have amazing experiences with each new chapter in your lives. You will always love and support each other, and there will always be a strong bond of friendship and caring. This was a frienship made in heaven!

Shelley said...

Sandy, your friendship/sistership with Kacey will never end; it will continue to grow as each of you take on new roles in your lives. You will continue to have someone to share lifes special moments with, laugh with, cry with and just have fun with (besides your husband when you get married). In thirty years you and Kacey will still be enjoying the same things you have enjoyed in the past as well as new and exciting things that will be happening in your lives then.
I know - I have two dear friends I feel that way about.

Olive-us said...

Sandy, I read this post on your sister's blog and am in TEARS, TEARS, TEARS!!!!
What beautiful words to describe a beautiful friendship. Thank you for sharing.