Monday, April 13, 2009

I'm Going There Someday...


On Saturday, April 11, I was able to go through the temple for the first time. It was almost unreal and sometimes I feel like it was only a dream. But it was such an amazing experience that I will always remember. What's even more amazing is that my best friend/cousin Kacey and I were able to go through together. I loved being able to share that with her. And because we were both going through, our entire family came! My parents, each of my siblings, their spouses, grandma, aunts, uncles, cousins, cousins spouses, and even Kathi Hiatt was there. Kacey and I's friend Stephanie also went through for the first time with us (she's leaving soon for a mission at Temple Square). Being in the temple with so many people that I love so much was the best feeling. I could not stop smiling.

Preparing to go to the temple helped me learn so much about the importance of temples, but actually being there made everything click. It was such a spiritual experience and it really strengthened the testimony I have of the Gospel.





After our trip to the temple, we hit up CPK for a nice lunch. Thank you family, for sharing this awesome day with me. I love you all!

4 comments:

Kellie said...

I'm still crying over it... That was SUCH a spiritual day. AND a fun night too! <3

Nancy Smith... said...

It was a wonderful experience to be there with you, Sandy. You just lighted up the whole day. I am so honored to be your mother.

Natalie said...

I was a proud mom too! I had to tell every single person about you, Kacey and the special bond you hold and how you were leaving for your mission and Kacey was getting married and having Stephanie there made it even more unique!
Such a great day.
Congratulations Sandy, You will be loved where ever you go! ~You are so beautiful~

Donovan and Tawny Holloway said...

You seriously like live at the temple now with how often you've been there lately. What great memories to share with your family and friends.