Sunday, July 19, 2009

Goodbye Post.

The family rented out the beach house again! It was so much fun! I use that beach house as my "happy place" in my snake therapy sessions.



Renee kidnapped me for a day and took me on a bunch of surprise adventures. We went to Rubys, the beach, got mani-pedis, and then Ashley came along for dinner and a fun night at the Hollywood Bowl!! It was so much fun!


This fun group went the the O.C. fair! We ate so much but laughed it off.

Yes, that is a real snake. No, I wasn't kidding about going to snake therapy.


On Friday night I had a party at my house for friends to come over so we could say our goodbyes.



We danced it up!
Now I am officially a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Today was my farewell talk and the day I had to say way too many goodbyes. It was rough, but I know without the Lord's help, it could have been way worse. I'm going to miss my family more than they know. I love being around them. They are my favorite people in the whole world. I can't wait to see them again.
I can't write anything about these 3 monkeys or I'll bawl my brains out. Let's just say I'll miss them a LOT.
On a happy note, one of my favorite people in the WHOLE world, Tanner Andre, came home from his mission today. He invited me to come see him at the airport since he knew I would be leaving early the next day. It was funny when we saw each other we had to shake hands because we're BOTH missionaries! I'm so glad I was able to see him...I love that Tanner.


Well everybody, I'm off to serve the Lord in the Philippines San Pablo mission. I'm so excited! I'll see you all in 18 months. Xoxo.
-Sister Smith

8 comments:

Sarah Hull said...

I love you so much! I am going to miss you like no other, but I could not think of a better reason for missing you. You are going to change lives. More than you'll ever know. I wish I could put into words how proud I am of you and how amazing I think you are. I love you my sister and this time really will go so fast and then will you promise to never ever leave again?

Now, Go Get 'em!
xoxox

Sarah Hull said...

Still missing you.

You're doing amazing things though. Super proud to call you my sister.
i love you.

Sarah Hull said...

are you home yet?

Sarah Hull said...

Is it December?

Sarah Hull said...

four. more. months.

Sarah Hull said...

88 more days.

Nancy Smith... said...

Less than two months!

Nancy Smith... said...

Today is the day! As I write this, you are in the air above the Pacific.....2 more hours until you land! We can't wait!
Thank you for your service and wonderful example to us all!
You have done well and we are so proud of you!
I love you,
MOM