Sunday, December 14, 2008

Decorating for Christmas!

One of my favorite parts of the Christmas season is the decorating. I love putting lights and ornaments on the tree and putting lights up on the roof. I think that the reason I love doing this so much is because I get to do it with my family which makes everything 100 times more fun.

Most of us had good judgment when it came to which ornaments to leave OFF the tree. However, my brother-in-law, Bryant thought it would be appropriate to put the creepiest, most awful ornaments on our already very ghetto tree. Then, when any of us would take the creepy ones off, "somehow" they would end up BACK on the tree. Hmm.

Putting up Christmas lights on the house started out fun and exciting. Steve and I worked on the roof to decorate the second story while Scott and Dad did the first story. Maybe Steve and I were way faster than them and started getting a little cocky and talking smack while on the roof. And maybe it turned into a verbal war. And maybe we probably won that too.

Meanwhile, Ashley was inside wrapping gifts. Whenever she was done with a gift, she would run outside and shout to Steve, "LOOK STEVE!" and show off her awesome wrapping skills. I wish I could explain the excitement and pride in her eyes every time she would run outside with a new gift in her hands. It was priceless.

My brothers hated each other by the time we were done decorating the house, but we're all friends again now and our house looks rad!

2 comments:

Sarah Hull said...

SO FUNNY! I laughed through the whole thing!!!!!! that was so dang funny! I can imagine the whole thing... especially Ashley and her presents! classic!

Kellie said...

That is SO cute about Ashley running out every time she finished a gift!! haha! And I can just imagine all the SMACK talk going down. Funny about the ornaments too! Kyle and I used to fight about who's personalized ornaments from way back in kindergarten would go closest to the TOP of the tree. The whole time it was up we would keep moving them around!! hahaha! This year I didn't even put UP a tree! How sad is that??! I'll do better next year.